All student participants will receive:
- A CollegeFrog profile that reflects your collegiate & professional achievements and helps firms get to know you.
- Webinars that prepare you for the CPA exam and the professional workplace.
- Introductions to accounting firms from your state.
- Access to accounting firms and job postings from around the country.
- Entry to win a $500 scholarship from CollegeFrog*
- From CPAexcel: CPAexcel is pleased to offer free access to our Accounting Course Tutor to help College Frog Students prepare for their accounting midterms and finals this semester. 13 accounting course titles will be available including Auditing, Corporate Tax, Individual Tax, Governmental, Advanced Accounting, Managerial, etc. Get started now by choosing your course and registering here. You will receive unlimited access to CPAexcel's video lectures, study text, past CPA Exam questions with answer rationales until the end of the semester. There is no cost or commitment for this access.
- CPAexcel is also excited to give away two (2) full CPAexcel CPA Review Course Scholarships to students during Meet the Firms Week. The scholarship are for our Video Gold Medal Course with eBooks (value $1800). Details can be found here. CollegeFrog will choose the winners at random after the conclusion of Meet the Firms Week.
- From Sage: Individual access to Sage 50 Accounting 2014 - U.S. Edition (formerly Sage Peachtree) online comprehensive Anytime Learning until October 15, 2013. Sage 50 Accounting 2014 - U.S. Edition product certification at no charge when you pass the exam by October 15, 2013 ($50 value).*
All Employer participants will receive:
- A CollegeFrog profile that helps you market your firm and job opportunities to candidates and is shareable across the web.
- Introductions & resumes to students and recent grads in your state.
- Access to the CollegeFrog Talent Locker where you can search for candidates across the country.
- A Recruitment Management System that helps you track, sort and organize your recruitment efforts.
- From Boomer Consulting: A discounted rate of $595 to attend Boomer Consulting's annual Talent Development Advantage event.
- From Public Accounting Report: The August issue of Public Accounting Report plus the extra edition that includes the 2013 32nd Annual Professors Survey.
- From AAM: When you join AAM as part of Meet the Firms Week, you'll receive 15 months of membership for the cost of 12 and we'll waive the $50 initiation fee. You'll pay only $275. Simply email email@example.com and reference "Meet the Firms Week" member special. Deadline to take advantage of this special is October 16, 2013.
- From Inovautus Consulting: 30% of Individual LinkedIn Training or Group Training. Inquiries must be made by October 31, 2013 and training must be completed by January 31, 2014. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- From Accounting & Financial Women's Alliance (AFWA): A discounted rate of $650 to attend the 2013 AFWA Annual Conference in Indianapolis, IN during October 20-23, 2013. Deadline to take advantage of this discount is September 27, 2013
- From Sage: Sage Accountants Network membership for $359.20 ($449 regular price) for the first year of membership**, available for sign-up until October 31, 2013. Benefits include:
- A copy of the Sage 50 Accountant Edition 2014 (formerly Peachtree) including a custom reporting license
- Payroll tax tables and unlimited access to technical support
- Listing of your accounting firm on the Sage 50 Accounting - U.S. Edition website
- Training opportunities, including CPE credited courses
- From AAA: A complimentary MAPCast (a webinar) and $100 off first year membership dues (for new members).
- Create a CollegeFrog profile anytime before September 13th, 2013
- Upload a PDF resume
- Register for webinars
- By registering, your profile and resume will be shared with every participating firm in your state
- Create a CollegeFrog account anytime before September 9th, 2013
- Build your employer profile & post a job
- Full access from to the Meet the Firms folder for all the student profiles and resumes in your state. You have access to your Meet the Firms students folder until September 20th.
- For continued access to your MTF folder past September 20th, sign up for a paid CollegeFrog profile here
CollegeFrog is a service that matches accounting students with firms across the country. Students who use CollegeFrog benefit by keeping real-time data before prospective employers, while firms benefit by getting to simplify and streamline the recruiting process.
Wiley CPAexcel is your complete solution for CPA Exam success. Our CPA Review Course is designed to keep you motivated and focused with bite-sized lessons that can be mastered in about 30 minutes. Study for the CPA Exam anytime, anywhere on your computer, tablet and mobile device. CPAexcel is authored and presented by a faculty of distinguished accounting professors from across the country. The materials are simple, intuitive and guaranteed until you pass the CPA Exam. Learn more at www.cpaexcel.com.
In the United States, Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries have 57,000 professionals with a single focus: serving our clients and helping them solve their toughest problems. We work in four key business areas - audit, financial advisory, tax and consulting - but our real strength comes from combining the talents of those groups to address clients' needs. Fortune and BusinessWeek consistently rank our organization among the best places to work, which is good news for our talent and our clients alike. When the best people tackle the most compelling challenges, everyone wins.
Boomer Consulting, Inc. guides accounting firms to increased performance and profitability by providing unique consulting services, peer-led communities and industry leading intellectual capital. Our unique and powerful solutions target five areas critical to a firm's success: Leadership and Management, Client Development, Talent Development, Technology and Compensation.
The Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) is the only trade association of its kind that provides resources and support to more than 800 CPA and consulting firm marketing and sales professionals, partners, firm administrators, and representatives of businesses who offer products and services to the accounting industry.
The Association for Accounting Administration is a North American organization providing resources, education, support, best practices and a global network to those managing accounting firms. Through our global and local networks we focus on leadership, education and networking, providing members and firms with value, resulting in high quality management and administration.
For over 25 years, Sage customers-from start-ups to complex multi-divisional organizations have trusted our software to help run their businesses. Sage offers a choice of flexible, scalable, integrated solutions to manage anything from one aspect of their business software needs to complete solutions linking back and front office operations.
The Accounting & Financial Women's Alliance promotes the professional growth of women in accounting and finance. Members of the association benefit from opportunities to connect with colleagues, advance their careers, and become industry leaders. For 75 years, the organization has proudly upheld its mission to enable women in all accounting and related fields to achieve their full personal, professional and economic potential and to contribute to the future development of their profession. Visit www.afwa.org for more information.
Accounting Today is the pre-eminent source of news and insight for public accountants, helping them guide their practices into the future with online news updates, daily and weekly electronic newsletters, a monthly magazine, regular Special Reports and our Top 100 series of reports and rankings.
Accounting firms and service based business engage Inovautus Consulting to help them develop growth plans, evaluate their marketing efforts, and use social media, to retain talent and grow their firms.
Public Accounting Report, published by CCH Inc., has been the accounting profession's premier source of competitive intelligence and practice management since 1978. Among its most popular features is its Annual Professors Survey, now in its 32nd year, where accounting professors throughout the United States provide insight into accounting firms’ recruiting efforts on campus and rank the premier academic accounting programs in the nation.
Intuitive Accountant is written for the Tech-Minded accounting professional. CPAs, EAs, bookkeepers and accountants read Intuitive Accountant to stay current on the latest developments in accounting technology so they can provide better service to their SMB clients. Written by QuickBooks ProAdvisors-For ProAdvisors, Intuitive Accountant is the definitive source on technology in the accounting firm.
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) USA is the US headquarters of the global organization for accounting and financial professionals comprised of 154,000 members and 432,000 students in over 170 countries. ACCA's relationships with accounting organizations and corporations afford top-tier employers access to people of ability and ambition around the world. ACCA is a global thought leader on issues including audit, environmental accountability, small business and IFRS. ACCA is focused on advancing the global finance leaders of today and the CFOs of tomorrow. Learn more at www.usa.accaglobal.com.
As ChangeMongers we lead businesses and individuals to embed proactive change and innovation into their strategic thinking, planning processes, and personal lives. We deliver results-focused selection, implementation, and project management of cloud-based technologies such as Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, knowledge management, document management, and other critical business technologies. In addition, we provide consulting for workflow and business process improvement, system integration, and mobile device utilization.
A special thanks to our State Society sponsors:
Monday, September 9th, 2:00pm EST
Thinking about sitting for the CPA Exam but looking for information on how to make sure you pass the exam? Let CPAexcel show you the way in this informative overview of the CPA exam. Presented by Michael Duffy of CPAexcel, this live session is designed to answer your questions about becoming a CPA.
Tuesday, September 10th, 2:00pm EST
Don't miss the Meet The Firms Week series of Right Fit webinars focusing on the variety of opportunities you can pursue with your degree in accounting. In the first session in the series, you’ll learn more about starting your career with a Big 4 firm, including the benefits of working with a large professional services firm, a look into a "day in the life", and insights on the recruitment process including the target hiring profile. Join the Deloitte team as they answer your questions and provide insight into exciting career opportunities available in a large professional services organization.
Wednesday, September 11th, 2:00pm EST
Part of the Right Fit series. Learn about the many benefits of interning and starting your career "in house." Thousands of corporations hire accounting students every year. Are you a good fit for one of them? Find out in this informative session with the world's largest mutual fund company.
Thursday, September 12th, 2:00pm EST
Thousands of mid-sized public accounting firms are trying to hire great accounting students like you and they may be the best place to launch your career. Find out why in this session with Kevin Turco, lead campus recruiter at Armanino, the largest privately owned public accounting firm in California. Kevin is an outstanding speaker and will share with you what midmarket firms are looking for in campus candidates, and why the midmarket is an incredible career opportunity for accounting grads.
Friday, September 13th, 2:00pm EST
How do you nail an interview? What's the best way to approach an employer who doesn't visit your campus? How can you make a great impression at a career fair? You'll have an hour covering these topics and many more with Yvonne Harris, Director of Human Resources at UHY Advisors, one of the country's largest firms. Don't miss this chance to get behind the scenes and learn from a top recruiter!